2003 Discover Presque Isle Duathlon
The race is a 5 kilometer run, a 20 kilometer bike, and a 5 kilometer run beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 27, 2003. (Discover Presque Isle Weekend). Each 5K run will be two laps of a mixed paved surface and hard-packed dirt course. The bike will be one lap of Presque Isle State Park. Each participant and volunteer receives a unique, high-quality race premium. Immediately following the race, refreshments will be available and awards will be presented to the overall male and female winners and the first, second and third place finishers in each age group, relay and mountain bike categories. You must be present to receive an award.
Pre-registration deadline is Saturday, July 19th 2003. Day of race registration will be accepted for an additional $5 entry fee. Any balance due to late registration will be collected race day. For race information, or to volunteer, call Andrew Weinraub, race director, at (814)452-3478 or email Andrew Weinraub.
- Race entry fees are non-refundable and are the property of Presque Isle Partnership. The race will not be rescheduled if cancelled due to unsafe road conditions.
- Bike riders must wear ANSI approved helmets during the entire bike ride segment of the race. Participants must be wearing their helmets before exiting the transition area.
- The race course will not be completely closed to automobile, pedestrian or bicycle traffic. Participants must be alert at all times.
- Bike riders must ride single file on the right across the steel grate bridge across the Misery Bay inlet. Signs will be posted and the marshals will direct participants across the bridge.
- Bikers must ride in the designated lane with the traffic flow. Crossing into the other lane may result in disqualification.
- Each run segment will be two loops of a measured 2.5 km course. There will be no timing splits provided during the run, but miles 1, 2, and 3 will be marked.
- There will be one aid station near the transition area for runners.